Saturday, February 26, 2011

Poll Results, Eli Litchenwald is the SJHL Rookie of the Year.... In my Books

A not as cold good afternoon to all,

Once again I'm back on the bloggerverse and the twitterverse doing random tweets and hockey posts just got back from the gym but the crazy ripped old guy who became a part time coach for me last saturday wasn't there I was a little choked he wasn't there to tell me "Come on you son of a $#@%^ almost done" Well maybe next time good sir... I still don't know his name and asked the gym owner and he doesn't know maybe he's a ghost either way interesting start to the day.

It was a good start to the SJHL Survivor Series with Battleford scoring 4 in the third to take game 1 6-2 over the bombers and the Estevan Bruins looked to have game one sealed in the first with 4 goals but the Melville Millionaires stormed back to tie it but in OT the Bruins got game one I wonder how the game two's will be should be interesting.

Let's go to the latest poll I did...

Who is the Rookie of the Year of the SJHL?

The Choices were and the votes with them...

Eli Litchenwald NIP  3 Votes

Coltyn Sanderson WEY 1 Vote

Kyle Hall  BATT 2 Votes

Roger Tagoona MELV  2 Votes

Zac Majowski YRK 1 Vote

Jesse Mychan FF    2 Votes
















Winner Eli Litchenwald, He did a lot for the Nipawin Hawks organization this season when things got tough and had a really good started working with Matt Spafford, Jonathan Ceci and his line mate and Captain Tanner Duysk. 21 Goals, 24 Assists to lead the team in scoring on a Hawk team that is rebuilding for a better future and he did more then he was asked to do this season as Head Coach and GM Doug Johnson said at the Hawk's year end awards banquet last night.

 I thought he could have been MVP too but Tanner Duysk is no pushover in his limited time this past season. As you see on the Broadcasters poll they agree that he is the front runner to be the rookie of the year in the league and I believe he should be. Is it one of the team's we broadcast? Yes but the gentle giant from Saskatoon is only going to get better with time I hope its not a sophomore slump next year for a Hawk team that could have some weapons and be a dark horse next year in the SJHL and he will play a huge roll in that.

If he gets stronger, faster  and add a little bit of grit to his game he could get a points in the black and gold next season. But we'll wait till next season to find out.

Doug Johnson won't be wasting time as Spring Camp will start up mid april for the Hawks and there's a lot on the line and a chance for Doug to look at what he has come training camp in September.

That's it for now, stay tuned new question coming ASAP send me an e-mail anytime gino.depaoli@cjvr.com or Tweet me @gdp74 I've got it on the Blackberry now it should be fun. I'll have a blog out recapping the NHL Tradeline on Monday there's been plenty of deals... what left on the table besides Brad Richards in Dallas, will he go or will he stay?

I'm Out!!

GDP

2 comments:

  1. Not to take anything away from your polling efforts but Weyburn's selection for league's Rookie of the Year is goalie Mitch Kilgore. I didn't vote in the poll because it is my opinion that Kilgore is the top rookie.

    Also, if you notice, a huge percentage of your PxP poll vote winners were from the North Division which is understandable, but just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought it would be a toss up between Kilgore and Lichtenwald , either one would have been fine. But i think next in line should have been Jesse Ross , he has been the go to guy for most of the year in Weyburn.

    ReplyDelete