Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finally!!!!! Hockey has come back to WINN-IPEG!!!!

A great announcement from Manitoba as NHL Hockey in Winnipeg is back!!!!

The official announcement came down this morning and if you're Canadian Hockey fan I hope you watched it.


It's funny the ever resilient NHL commissioner Gary Bettman was late for the conference he said he was in a teleconference but I think he was crying with a powder blue Atlanta Thrashers Ilya Kovalchuk jersey admitting defeat finally the good people of Winnipeg and Canada for that matter have knocked him down a "PEG",

Now if we can get Phoenix to Quebec City we'd be in business. I wonder if Gary shows up for the season opener in the MTS Centre and doesn't get tarred and feathered it would be a sight.

Now my involvement with this I am planning unless under usual circumstances will be riding shotgun with Branden Crowe down the Trans Canada Highway to the MTS Centre for the NHL Season Opener in Winnipeg, Branden a Manitoban himself has been gitty as a school girl all day and actually woke me up this morning when he was making breakfast full of excitement got love the moxie on this kid.

All I have to say is thank-you True North Sports Entertainment for bringing a team back where it belongs and to Gary Bettman.... well you probably know I'll let the the Winnipeg faith answer this one. "Who's Your Daddy??

Will the Winnipeg franchise be the Jets? or something new we'll find out soon enough. Either way it's a great day for hockey!!!

1 comment: