Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Classy" Act

It was a tough way to end a season/playoffs and make that series that should have been longer for the Melfort Mustangs after losing 4-2 last night in La Ronge and dropping the series 4-1, Congrats to La Ronge for repeating as champs but this isn't the subject I'm getting to.

Last night Mustangs Head Coach Darrell Mann was ejected from the game in the second through frustrations with officiating Reagan Vetter made the decision to boot him I have nothing on that part of the game but this when I get a little red and give referees no respect and I really tried to give in this situation but can't.

After the game is over, series is over all teams showing great sportsmanship shaking hands, good lucks and other comments for the future... the officials wouldn't allow Darrell Mann to walk on the ice and shake hands with his opponents it's a brutal decision by the officials  to not let him do it, Really Vetter and MacIntosh? Couldn't let the guy walk and congratulate a Bob Beatty instead Bob has to walk all the way over to him and shake hands? I've said it before and I'll say it again officials have it in for some coaches and it showed there. Let the guy finish out the season, that was a classless act or as I like to say Dick Move by the refs for that both Vetter and MacIntosh, I assume there's some rule in the rule book that will agree with them but seriously let it go guys.

I'll do a post Mustang entry next week as now our radio broadcasts are done for another season,  Sigh 5 months till next season... Already counting down the days

I'm Out

No comments:

Post a Comment