Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's Not Over Yet

I saw I was getting to the bottom of many blogs for updates and I won't ever be last so here we go a blog on the day off.

If last last night was any implication to how the Melfort Mustangs are played this series beside maybe game 2 this series should probably tied or maybe Melfort up 3-1.

I made the bumble of saying the shot clock was wrong in the second intermission and I got caught on it from a couple of listeners on CK750 but when you hold La Ronge to 1 shot in a period and fire 15 on them and can't score its the hockey gods having their ways. The Mustangs were the better team in game 4 and didn't get the bounces at all, if Brayden Metz, Brody Haygarth or Jesse Mireau hit the net on half their shots the Mustangs win this hockey game, kudos to the La Ronge Ice Wolves though taking nothing away from them Logan Herauf has been great in this series but the key last night was keeping out of the box for Melfort but when the officials make two calls for a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes solid it hurts, were the calls actual calls? Unfortunately for the Mustangs they were and had to be called, it was the turning point of the game and the wolves take a 3-1 series lead back to La Ronge, So the Mustangs will have to do it the hard way if they want to face Yorkton in the Credit Union Cup Final.

The Mustangs did leave it all on the ice and its tough to see them not getting rewarded but I believe as they say get a lucky bounce and your back in it, why not the Mel Hegland Uniplex where it bounces everywhere that is what they need and can get it against an Ice Wolves team that is probably hurting a little bit as are Melfort but anything can happen.

I wish I was going to game five but we're short staffed at work right now so I can't get away to do colour with Darryl but we'll have the game at 7:15 with the Pre-game show and puckdrop at 7:30 on CK750 and CK750.com should be a good one and expect an absolute war between Melfort and La Ronge as the Stangs try to stay alive.

On to another subject I made a poll on who is the Coach of the Year in the SJHL and the official nominees were Bob Beatty of LA, Dean Brockman of HMBT and Trent Cassan of YKT.

The results.... A tie

Beatty - 7 votes

Brockman- Votes 7

Cassan- 4 Votes

All coaches well deserving after the regular season they had, if I had to go playoffs though which isn't a factor I believe Trent Cassan would get it but since it was a tie have to break the deadlock and I'm going with Mr. Beatty he's a great coach with a good team and he's well... Bob Beatty really nice guy I've talked to him before each game here in Melfort I don't think he knows my name but he knows where I work so we've very concise but great hockey chats Bob has a lot of respect for his opponents as I've seen in this series.

As for other little things I think my Flames are out sigh... Go Hurricanes I guess, as long as Toronto misses the playoff I can sleep well. Who is the Hart Trophy Winner? Stamkos? Sedin? Perry... I'd love to see that for people that say he's just a benefactor of Ryan Getzlaf go Corey.

A new poll will be up soon so stay tuned. MLB Opening Day is among us Mar 31! Go Red Sox Go I'm saying a Phillies/Red Sox World Series

I'm Out

GDP

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a lot of bounces to be had at the MHU, not sure which rink has more.

    At the Mel it's the really lively boards. At the Palace, the puck jumps around like a bouncy ball. Should be a great game!

    ReplyDelete