Tuesday, April 12, 2011

1st Round Playoff Predictions

Just getting ready for hopefully an exciting post season once again, Playoffs in any Sport can't really disappoint here especially last year when Chicago ended their slump of 49 years without the cup.

What will see this year? A year of firsts? Or Maybe just maybe the Stanley Cup comes back to Canada? We'll see starting tomorrow. Let's Get to the picks and might make an enemy or scratched off a Chirstmas Card list.

Western Conference

#1 Vancouver/ #8Chicago

This is my upset and I know I have some friends that love Van City and say this is their year but I think Chicago is better then their position says and I think the curse of the Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith will continue, it will be a hard fought series Chicago in 7.

#2 San Jose/ #7 Los Angeles

I think the Sharks are under the radar for obvious reasons as they can't win in the playoffs but I've got them beating an under-achieving Kings team that in my mind shouldn't have made it and lost twice to Calgary in shootouts shoulda woulda coulda whatever I say the Sharks chomp the Kings in 5

#3 Detroit/ #6 Phoenix

Should be a competitive series but I think the Yotes need to face someone else in the first round to advance besides Detroit, Wings in 6.

#4 Anahiem/ #5 Nashville

Would love this series to go far and maybe see some real competitiveness from the Preds but I think their first round woes continue with a playoff exit as the Ducks in 6.

Eastern Conference

#1 Washington/ #8 New York Rangers

Rematch of a couple of years ago and the only way NYR wins this series is if King Henrik wins four from the Caps, Caps roll the Rangers in 5

#2 Philadelphia/ #7 Buffalo

This series could go seven or it's over in five, It's ending in 5 with the Flyers getting it done, I don't care what people say about Bobrovsky he will be good enough look at Antti Niemi last year had to be brilliant at times not for a series, Jeff Carter, Claude Giroux and Mike Richards will do the rest. Flyers in 5

#3 Boston/ #6 Montreal

Hopefully this is an absolute war worthy of the battles back in the 70's I want seven so I'll predict seven with the B's getting a controversial goal or penalty in their favor. Bruins in 7

#4 Pittsburgh/ #5 Tampa Bay

Crosby vs. Stamkos it's gonna beeeee..... wait a minute Sid isn't there which will lead to a different prediction in a minute but this should have been a showcase like Sid/Ovie in 2009 but Sid out at least for this round, I think this series the wat Dan Bylsma is coaching his crew undermanned they will win in 6 like their first round last year against Ottawa but I hope to see some Stamkos brilliance. Pens in 6

If I get all the series right I'll be shocked but it could happen but here is my prediction for the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup.

Western Conference Final

Hawk/Ducks, Ducks fly over Chi Town

Eastern Conference

Capitals/Flyers, This is Ovie's year

Stanley Cup

Caps/Ducks, The Washington Capitals win the cup they are the number one seed and people will say they can't win in the playoffs... I'll tell you why they will The Caps don't have to face Sidney Crosby or the Habs this should work in their favor as Philly will go through wars to get to the Conference final. It would be nice to see Caps get it this year.

Should be fun buckle up the Playoffs are almost here.

As for the SJHL Final neutral I'm not swinging any vote into any favor but if I prove a theory tonight I'll write something about it tomorrow.

I'm Out

No comments:

Post a Comment